Terms of Service
1. Your Relationship with Us
Welcome to SnapSolve (the “App”), which is provided by SnapSolvePte. Ltd. (“We”, “Us”, “Our”).
You are reading these terms of service (the “Terms”), which is an electronic contract recognised under the provisions of the Information Technology Act of 2000 read along with its Rules, and thereby governs the relationship and serve as an agreement between you and Us and set forth the terms and conditions by which you may access and use the App and our related websites, services, applications, products and content (collectively, the “Services”). Our Services are provided for private, non-commercial use. For purposes of these Terms, “you” and “your” means you as the user of the Services.
The Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and us, and hence, please take the time to read them carefully. By using our services, you state that:
- you are at least 18 years old or you are at least 18 years old and supervising the usage of this App by your minor dependent;
- you are not a convicted sex offender;
- your account has been previously disabled for breach of our Terms or Policies or Standards; and
- you will comply with these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Accepting the Terms
3. Changes to the Terms
We amend these Terms from time to time, for instance when We update the functionality of our Services, when We combine multiple apps or services operated by Us or Our affiliates into a single combined service or app, or when there are regulatory changes. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to generally notify all users of any material changes to these Terms, such as through a notice on our App and/or email, however, you should look at the Terms regularly to check for such changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms, which reflect the effective date of such Terms. Your continued access or use of the Services after the date of the new Terms constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you must stop accessing or using the Services.
4. Your Account with Us
To access or use some of our Services, you must create an account with Us. When you create this account, you must provide accurate and up-to-date information. It is important that you maintain and promptly update your details and any other information you provide to Us, to keep such information current and complete.
It is important that you keep your account password confidential and that you do not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that any third party knows your password or has accessed your account, you must promptly notify Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that you are solely responsible (to Us and to others) for the activity that occurs under your account. When creating an account, you must provide accurate information about yourself and create only one account for strictly personal purposes.
We reserve the right to disable your user account, and remove or disable any content you upload or share, at any time, including if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms, or if activities occur on your account which, in our sole discretion, would or might cause damage to or impair the Services or infringe or violate any third party rights, or violate any applicable laws or regulations.
If you no longer want to use our Services again, and would like your account deleted, We can take care of this for you. Please contact Us via email@example.com, and We will provide you with further assistance and guide you through the process.
5. Our Services
Through the App, We provide you with the following services (“Services”):
- Creating and maintaining user accounts: To use or avail our Services, you may be required to provide certain personal details including your name, email address, grade, education board, etc.
- Using the App for obtaining education solutions: Users can use the in-built feature available on the App to take an image of a question from a textbook or reference book in relation to the curriculum adopted by education boards and schools in India. Our AI solutions will help you find a video solution to your question.
- Ask a Tutor feature: By way of this feature, the user can raise a question by uploading a photo from the gallery or take a photo of the question after selecting the subject, class and other preferences. We will assign a relevant subject matter expert to provide answer to the question raised by the user quickly and within the stipulated time limit. The answer/ solution submitted by the subject matter expert would be reviewed by Us to ensure the same are in terms with these Terms and Conditions before the same is made available to the user.
- Upload book Info: Using this feature, the user may upload information about books not in our collection and be rewarded with Amazon Gift cards. For more information about this feature, please refer to its T & C available here
6. Your Use of the App
As an end-user and recipient of Our Services, when You use the App, You agree to the following conditions of use:
Due diligence conditions:
- You are solely responsible for the image taken by You and shared with the App.
- You will be solely responsible for all access to and use of the App by anyone using any password or identification originally assigned to You whether or not such access to and use of this site is actually authorized by You, including without limitation, all communications and transmissions and all obligations incurred through such access or use.
- The information provided by You may be used for purposes including analysis, research, training and disclosure (where required) by Us, or Our group entities, agents and government authorities.
- The information provided by You can be kept with the App for as long as considered necessary by Us and can be used without revealing Your identity.
- We reserve the right to refuse service or terminate accounts at Our discretion, if We believe that You have violated or are likely to violate applicable law or these Terms and Conditions.
Scope of Services:
- We bear no responsibility for the accuracy of the Services, including education solutions, obtained by You.
- Users are advised to use their discretion in obtaining and adopting the solutions provided by the App and are further advised to refer to more accurate and timely solutions.
- You may view and access the content available on the App solely for the purposes of availing the Services, and only as per these Terms and Conditions. You shall not modify any content on the App or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use such content in any way for any public or commercial purpose or for personal gain.
- You may not reproduce, distribute, display, sell, lease, transmit, create derivative works from, translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise exploit the App or any portion of it unless expressly permitted by Us in writing.
- You may not make any commercial use of any of the information provided on the App.
- You may not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person or entity.
- You may not upload any content prohibited under applicable law, and / or designated as “Prohibited Content” under clause 7.
7. Prohibited Content
You shall not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the App, the following Prohibited Content, which includes any content, information, or other material that:
- belongs to another person and which you do not own the rights to;
- is harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, invasive of another's privacy;
- is hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging of any person;
- relates to or seems to encourage money laundering or gambling,
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law in India for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of your message;
- communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses and malicious programs;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order; and
- incites any offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insults any other nation.
You also understand and acknowledge that if you fail to adhere to the above, We have the right to remove such information and / or immediately terminate your access to the Services and / or to the App.
You agree and undertake to indemnify and keep indemnified SnapSolve for any losses, costs, charges and expenses including reasonable attorney fees that SnapSolve may suffer on account of:
- Any error arising from your failure to provide correct and / or complete information; or
- suppression of material facts; or
- misinterpretation of the Services by you; or
- failure to follow the Services by you; or
- if you permit a third party to use your password or other means to access your account.
9. Limitation of Liability
By using our Services, you confirm that You understand and agree to the following:
- You are responsible for undertaking an assessment regarding the suitability of such Services for your purposes.
- The Services provided through the App are not intended in any way to be a substitute for formal education or advice provided by educational institutions. We advise You to make an independent assessment in respect of the accuracy, usefulness and suitability of the Services prior to placing any reliance on the same.
This clause will survive the termination of this Agreement and the termination of Your use of Our Services.
10. Intellectual Property and Ownership
You recognize and agree that all copyright, registered trademarks and other intellectual property rights on all materials or contents provided as part of the Services on the App belong to Us at all times or to those who grant Us the license for their use. No use of these may be made without the prior written authorization By Us.
You grant hereby SnapSolve permission to reproduce, modify and communicate to the public, any feedback that You have shared with Us about the App, whether in whole or in part, and whether as provided or as modified.
11. Third Party Links and Resources
Wherever the App contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties (including where our social media sharing plug-ins include links to third party sites), these links are provided for Your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them.
12. Events Beyond Our Control
We will not be liable for any non-compliance or delay in compliance with any of the obligations We assume under any contract when caused by events that are beyond Our reasonable control (“Force Majeure”). Force Majeure shall include any act, event, failure to exercise, omission or accident that is beyond our reasonable control, including, among others, the following:
- Strike, lockout or other forms of protest
- Civil unrest, revolt, invasion, terrorist attack or terrorist threat, war (declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, collapse, epidemic or any other natural disaster.
- Inability to use public or private transportation and telecommunication systems.
- Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government or public authority including any judicial determination.
Our obligations deriving from any contracts should be considered suspended during the period in which Force Majeure remains in effect and We will be given an extension of the period in which to fulfil these obligations by an amount of time We shall communicate to You, not being less than the time that the situation of Force Majeure lasted.
- This arrangement may be terminated by either party at any time, with or without cause.
- WhizSolve reserves the right to refuse the use of services immediately in case Your conduct is deemed by WhizSolve to be in contravention of applicable acts, laws, rules and regulations or considered to be unethical / immoral.
- For change in law specifically, We reserve our rights to suspend Our obligations under any contract indefinitely, and / or provide Services under revised Terms and Conditions.
14. Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
The use of Our App and Services will be governed by the laws applicable in India. Any dispute relating to the use of Our Services shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in New Delhi.
15. Contact Us
16. Grievance Officer for India
A compliant or other issue faced by You on the App may be submitted through email at the below address. The complaint should provide: (i) username of the relevant account holder (ii) specific content that is of concern and (iii) reason(s) for the request.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the contact detail of the Grievance Officer is provided below:
The content available on this platform is educational content and is suitable for children as well as people of all ages and rated as "U".